Retail Sales Associate
Gist (https://drinkgist.com/) is a women-founded/women-run prebiotic herbal soda company headquartered in the La Crosse area. Our gut-nurturing drinks hit the market in late 2021, and we are already off to a wild and wonderful start in 2022, with new stores coming on board, our Amazon shop ready to launch, and new retail and distributor relationships getting in place, not to mention a new flavor blend that is going to be a summer wunderkind.
Want to hang out with us? We are hiring a Retail Sales Associate to come in at this early stage and grow with us. You will work alongside our founding team to grow our direct sales relationships with shops, cafes, and consumers. The right candidate is comfortable with collaboration and independent initiative in line with our strategy, has a knack for social media and storytelling, fixes a problem when they see it, and sees the possibilities for a better world through healthy living. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who wants to get in on the ground floor of a young, venture-backed company, and build Gist into the top performing functional beverage in the market.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the company’s retail and direct store sales development. Work with top tier natural and specialty grocers, hospitality partners, and down the street retailers in the Midwest. You will source new sales opportunities and close sales daily to help achieve revenue goals through our direct-store-delivery partners and distributors.
- Support and enhance the company’s Amazon, Shopify, and Faire strategies for direct channels.
- On a daily basis, do outreach, relationship management, and new customer onboarding in keeping with the company’s strategic plan.
- Contribute to brand messaging, content development, and store-level promotion and consumer awareness.
- Anticipated 15-20 hours per week to start.
- At least 2 years of experience in customer service, relationship management, restaurants, or other roles in a consumer-focused business.
- A college degree (graduating seniors are welcome to apply).
- High comfort level with Google Workspace.
- Experience with eCommerce and digital marketing platforms, with a social media presence that shows your ability to communicate effectively.
- Willingness to travel within the Midwest for store setup, customer engagement, and sampling events as needed (no more than 10% of time).
- An entrepreneurial and highly resourceful approach, strong analytical skills, and a collaborative but self-motivated mindset.
- Willingness to be in the office (La Crosse, WI area) at least 50% of the time.
- Be one of the first employees at a venture-backed startup
- Competitive pay + flexible PTO policy
- Flexibility to work from anywhere up to 50% of the time
- Unlimited access to the best functional beverage on the market!
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, or SMS Lizzy at 917-592-2791.